Monday, September 28, 2009

Simple still works...

I recently blew more money because I wanted something purchased another monolight and a softbox. This is my first softbox, so naturally I needed to play with study its characteristics before taking it on paid gigs. As we all know Seth loves to have his pic taken, so long as I can make him look like a thug, orphan or the Incredible Hulk,  I figured pool shark would fit right in.

Seth and I had quite a bit of fun for a half hour while I took several shots from various angles and lighting configurations, but I still kept it simple. One light, one lens and a radio trigger (no sync cables for me unless it's crisis time!) were all that was used. The only "photoshop" work they recieved was the watermark too. I have REALLY been on a mission to speed up my workflow with Lightroom, and for the last few months, unless a client wants extreme skin work or other graphic effects, I have done 98% of my editing in Lightroom only. These were done with my variation on another commercial preset that I didn't like, but I figured out what I didn't like about it, and fixed it. From start of the shoot to posting on the web was less than an hour of work, which in my opinion is still too long, but it sure beats the 3 or 4 hours it would have taken me 2 years ago. I really like keeping it simple.
 
Jason




No comments:

Post a Comment