Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Creativity....

  While I try and think creatively with every shoot I do, it's NOT easy. Everyone hits a roadblock at some point, and it is very easy to get in a rut rather than regroup and pull out of the "ditch". When I hit one of those ruts, I always look around for inspiration or a new angle on what I am already doing. We live in such an incredible time. People who have more talent in their pinky toe than you or I will ever have freely share technical  information, behind the scenes footage and knowledge they learned the hard way, hopeful saving others a valuable lesson or two. Even if I am not in a creative rut, I can find the answer to a technical issue I am having in seconds, from someone I never met or called, by doing a Google search from a phone that will fit in the palm of my hand!

  I am forever grateful to these individuals such as Chase Jarvis, David Hobby, Joe McNally, Zack Arias and a list of others that is probably miles long, for sharing what they know through that amazing little plug in the wall that has internet flowing through it into my computer. Their advice and creativity has taken me from someone who bought a nicer camera than he needed and shot film I really couldn't afford to waste ( but made to many mistakes to count!), to someone that can make a quality image with minimal gear. This is one of the greatest achievements of my life, and works out well also, since I cannot afford a $30,000 Hasselblad! Check out the video below for a BTS look at a campaign Chase Jarvis did for the HD Network's Kung Fu channel. If that doesn't inspire you to be a little more creative or try something new, then not much else will either!

Jason
J Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment