Saturday, October 10, 2009

Having fun at what I am doing.


I have had more jobs than I care to count a few jobs. None were anything special, only a couple even peaked my interest enough to actually like going in for a short amount of time. Tonight reminded me why I like photography SO much, and it's not a "job". Sure I am the boss- but don't tell Tamara, and I try not to schedule much before 9am so I can sleep in more, but I genuinely have fun and look forward to taking pictures. Even when things do not go as planned, paying customers are scarce, and people criticize me about something (there is ALWAYS someone who thinks a photography business is only taking pictures and they will gladly tell you how they would do it better, but they have never ran ANY business themselves), I still get up in the middle of the day morning wanting to do what I do.

Tonight was a great shoot at a kid's sports homecoming dance. The theme was Halloween, everyone dressed up and I was fortunate enough to have several of them stand in front of my camera. What other job can I take my kids and lovely wife with me to work, have fun with them and occasionally make money while doing so? No other job I have had can offer me that. So even if the money isn't what I wanted it to be, I still have the greatest job in the world!

Jason
J Photography



1 comment:

  1. awwww my kids were some of the lucky ones to be on the other end of your camera. thank you for being so patient with them and i can't wait to see the outcome! :)

    -nicole

    ReplyDelete